Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My friends who had a loss

It seems like I'm seeing more and more where close friends are experiencing the loss of a child. It saddens me to the greatest extent and often times I have no idea what to say in the form of comfort. Especially when I'm expecting a child that was so unplanned and they have been trying so hard. I found this poem on another site though and thought it was really sweet.

To the Child of My Heart
O precious, tiny, sweet little one
You will always be to me
So perfect, pure, and innocent
Just as you were meant to be.
We dreamed of you and of your life
And all that it would be
We waited and longed for you to come
And join our family
We never had the chance to play
To laugh, to rock, to wiggle
We long to hold you, touch you now
And listen to you giggle.
I'll always be your mothers
He'll always be your dad
You will always be our child
The child that we had.
But now your gone...but yet your here
We'll sense you everwhere
You are our sorrow and our joy
there's love in every tear
Just know our love goes deep and strong
We'll forget you never-
The child we had, but never had
and yet will have forever.

No comments:


Number of Visitors