Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time Out

I haven't been doing much lately with the blog, sales, goofing off, etc. I just needed to take a time out of sorts and just let it go. I've had so much going on lately that it's just been overwhelming. I was beginning ot feel like my days consisted of work and then running around non-stop doing everything for other people.

The couponing/sales especially wore me out. Since we didn't need anything new I just sat back and only took advantage of the really awesome deals. Like scoring oscar meyer hotdogs for $1 a pack. I've got 2 kids....we go through a lot of hotdogs during the summer. And when they are normally $3+....well it was a great deal for me.

My sewing got put on the back burner too. I'll be bringing it out again soon cause I have some ideas brewing in my head. I'd love to make the outfits for the kiddo's birthday party but we'll see.

We've been having lots of fun though. The last few weekends we've done BBQ's at our house. Since Mr. X finally got the pool in working condition we've been taking advantage of that. LOVE IT! The kids love it too. Monkey can't touch the bottom with out going under but she has learned how to swim pretty well. The pool is 15ft by 30ft and 4.5ft deep. This past sunday she learned how to swim, mostly underwater, and can make it across the 15ft part all by herself. No floaties required. Of course we're right there close by just in case but still....it's a proud moment! Toots loves the water too. He's figured out how to lean over his floatie so he can splash and he loves when Mr. X makes him bounce around. I've gotten some cute video of that laugh of his.

We're getting down into the last month soon before Mr. X leaves and i'm trying hard not to dwell on it too much. I can only hope that 3 months passes as quickly as this time before it has been passing. I'm grateful though, he won't be missing any major holidays with the kids. Even though he's leaving before Toots actual birthday we're planning a big birthdya party ahead of time so that he can be here for that at least.

Thats it for now I guess. HOpefully I'll be back in the swing of things again soon.

No comments:


Number of Visitors