Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Running out of Room

I don't think I have any more room for titles at the end of my name. There's bound to be more though that I haven't thought of. Now I get to add "nurse". In the 2 1/2 years Mr. X and I have been together he has never been sick. Well he's had a minor cold I think once but it passed very quickly and wasn't a bother at all. Now....I've got one very sick man on my hands.

He came home really early from work and immediately changed into his favorite pajama pants and retreated to his man cave. When I went to check on him and say hello he tells me he's running 102 fever and isn't feeling well. Just swell right? So I quarantined him to the room to avoid spreading any more germs and lysoled where he had been when he came home. I wasn't too concerned about prior to that since he had duty last night and hadn't been here for mroe than 24 hours at that point anyways.

Now he's been home about 12 hours, taking tylenol every 4 hours for the fever and it still hasn't broken. We're doing cool wash clothes for his head cause he has a headache too, and lots of water and fluids. Well as much as I can force into him anyways. He has no appetite at all but thankfully he hasn't been to demanding.

Needless to say it's going to be a long night though as I'm up/down to check on him, make sure he gets his next dose of meds and changing that wash cloth. Hmmm....wonder if the favor would be returned if it were me that was sick??? He is a man after all.....

No comments:


Number of Visitors