Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sneaking Up

It seems like Mr. X just got back from the last deployment and here we are talking about the next one. I know he warned me way back in the beginning that they are always gone a lot but I don't think you really understand what that means until you actually deal with it. I got spoiled by the fact that in the first 2 years we were together he was only gone just over 2 months. And that was at the very end of those 2 years. Now it's looking like he won't even be here for our 1st wedding anniversary. Something I know every single military wife has the possibility of but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with.



So now we are moving into preperation mode. Yes, it's still a few months out but waiting till the last minute means we're sure to forget something important. Like last time when I didn't have access to his bank accounts and it caused a huge problem with buying our current house. Thankfully it all worked itself out in the end but I'd like to try and avoid those stressful situations if I can. Being seperated is hard enough with out adding stuff like that.



The first part of that to-do list is things around the house that need done before he leaves, like looking into replacing our ancient heating/ac unit to getting ceiling fans installed in the remaining rooms. Getting power of attorney (the right one this time), and making sure any bills he normally takes care of I know how to access and handle. Some are big some are small but all things that need to be taken care of.



The second part of it is things I'd like to do while he's gone to help pass the time. The things I know I can manage on my own. Like sanding down the kitchen cabinets and replacing them. Painting the rooms in the house like we've been saying we'll do for almost a year now. All those little home improvement projects that we won't do this summer cause instead we are going to the water park or having a BBQ. I just hope he likes what I've done when he gets back!!



On top of that we have to try and squeeze as much family time as possible into an already crazy schedule. He's already going to be gone a good bit as they do work ups and "suffering" through duty days. I guess one positive to the time right before deployment is it's like trial runs for me to make sure I really can survive on my own with 3 kids, a huge house, a home business, and everything else I have going on. Thats just assuming that I haven't managed to get knocked up again by then.



Needless to say I should have lots and lots to blog about in coming months and beyond. I just hope that I don't get so busy that I forget like last time!

1 comment:

thornykat said...

I can get you a discount on a power of attorney if you want.


Number of Visitors