Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Half Birthday!

Well we're finally there....Toots is 6 months old. Can you believe it?? And he's so much more mobile that Monkey ever was so he's already keeping me on my toes. The boy likes to roll and move around. I'm going to have my hands full when he finally learns how to crawl and/or walk. All I can say is thank goodness for baby gates. At least I can keep him somewhat contained. Well, until he learns how to climb OVER them. LOL

As for stats I don't have the official ones as he doesn't go for his well baby check up until Monday but according to the scale this morning he is 14.8lbs. Tiny little bugger but so long. The height is definitely coming from my side of the family. He's creeping into 6-9 month clothes but still has a few 3-6 month that he can wear. Size 2 diapers still since 3's start at 18lbs I think. Guess it's a good thing I stocked up on them!

He loves to laugh and giggle and is thrilled when his daddy tosses him around. He loves to blow bubbles and stick his tongue out and blow. He sits up pretty well although he'll topple over when he gets really excited. He's trying so hard to crawl and gets so mad when he can't get what he wants right that that minute.



Photobucket




He wants nothing to do with regular food and acts like we're giving him lemons when we try. Anything but milk comes right back up as he'll try to gag himself on it in his efforts to get it out of his mouth. He still doesn't sleep through the night but we finally got it down to only getting up once at night. Thank goodness because I was starting to walk like a zombie!

He loves his sissy and his daddy and smiles as soon as they come in the room. He's super ticklish especially on his back. He's teething and tries to chew on everything...our house is a giant chew toy to him. He has to be up and see whats going on at every minute, I call him my nosey boy.



The last 6 months have gone by so fast and before we know it we'll be actually encouraging him to eat cake and allow us to sing the birthday song to him. ***Sigh*** My baby boy!!





1 comment:

thornykat said...

Happy Half Bday, Eli!!!! I can't believe our little boys are getting so big so fast!! For some reason, the weight ranges on the diapers never were right for us. We were already in size 3s when he was 13 lbs, and he was out of those by the time he was 17 lbs. I recently learned though that the "natural fit" diapers actually are a little smaller and fit less time than the regular diapers do so we don't use those anymore.

Anyways, we need to get together for a play date soon. When's Mr. X's bday? We still planning on dinner? Can't wait to see Eli again, Jon said he's grown A LOT!


Number of Visitors