Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Deals by Accident

Not all the grocery deals I get are planned for. When I go to the store I try to keep my eye out on somethign that is a great value and we'll really use. The big one is meat. We are some what picky about certain things like chicken. No dark meat for us. It's always the boneless skinless chicken breast. Are we spoiled?? Probably. But at the average $4.99lb regular retail it can be pretty expensive. So I only buy it when I get an awesome deal and then I stock up. Like the time I bought 20lbs of it for $20. All I can say is thank goodness for my deep freezer.

This morning was another accidental deal. I stopped by Food Lion on my way to work to pick up something for lunch so I wouldn't be tempted to swing by the drive thru. As I was passing by the meat department I noticed they had tons of it marked down! Now the meat is perfectly fine. It's just that they have to be used or frozen by the sell by date so when that date arrives or is very close the item gets marked out. I guess the stores figure it's better to get something for it than nothing at all when they throw it out. So here is what I picked up:

Boneless Ribeye Steak Reg $5.99 Paid $1.57
Sirloin Tip Reg $8.93 Paid $1.56
Chuck Steak Reg $7.21 Paid $1.63
Roast Reg $7.78 Paid $1.36
Roast Reg $6.89 Paid $1.54
Ground Chuck Reg $2.57 Paid 1.76
Ground Turkey Reg $4.99 Paid $.75 (got 4 of them)

Original total before tax would be $44.36. Total after mark downs $12.42. Thats a 73% savings!! On top of that I also had a $3.50 off your next order that I needed to use. So I really only spent $8.92. That means I paid for the sirloin and get the rest for FREE!

1 comment:

PearlyMomma said...

Way to go!! Killer deal!


Number of Visitors