Monday, February 16, 2009

What Are They Thinking?

I really hate going grocery shopping these days. And not because it takes so much time or is such a hassle dragging 2 kids with me. What I hate is that the service has gone so far down hill that it's just a total pain. When I first moved out here I got a job at a local grocery store. They were on a CONSTANTLY about our service levels. Talking to the next cashier over or the bagger while ringing up a customer....didn't happen. Totally ignoring the customer while ringing them up? Wouldn't think of it! Even otu of those things there is one that just irks me to the core ever single time.

It's the way they bag groceries. Either they put 3 things in a bag so you end up with a million of them. Or, they mix products. Like tonight when I stopped for a few things. My meat was in the same bag as my fabric softner. Seriously??? I thought bagging was like basic knowledge skills. You bag like items. Frozen with frozen, meats together, cans together, etc. Apparently thats just too difficult for them these days.

Oh ya, and god forbid they actually bag all the groceries and put them in the cart. Never would we start ringing up another customer before the one we just had was completely done. No, tonight I still had at least 6 bags on the counter as was tryign to load up the cart. Course I was rebagging items and correctin gmistakes. Did the guy help me out? Nope, he starts ringing up the next lady.

Geesh....maybe they shoudl start giving out discounts for customers who have to take care of their own bagging and loading. What happened to good service?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What happened to Customer Service?
No doubt we've all been on the receiving end of lousy customer service a time or two. I've went to a company with questions only to be told by some sterile voice to press this or click that until you arrive full circle to your starting place with no help at all. Or, worse, I've reached some bored CSR (Customer Service Representative) who calls me by name but delivers only the infamous phrase, "I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do."

Now I'm on the other side of the equation. I own a business and manage 2 departments and want my customers to be happy, to come back for more products or services, and to tell others wonderful things about us. With so much un-expierenced help out there in todays economic situation - What's one to do?


www.directory-networks.net

Jennifer said...

Oh, bad bagging is my biggest grocery store pet peeve!! I put all my like items together on the belt - cans w/ cans, boxed items w/ boxed items, meats w/ meats, frozen w/ frozen, non-food products with other non-food products - and they STILL can't bag it correctly. I've thought about going to managers and offering a 30 min course on bagging groceries to all of their employees it pisses me off so much!


Number of Visitors