Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Little HGTV

I watch a lot of the shows on HGTV which can give you a lot of great ideas. My most recent one....recovering the cushions on a glider/ottoman that was given to us. So instead of paying $150-$200 to get one for when baby arrives, this one was given to us for free. This is what it looked like before I started...

Photobucket


Photobucket
The wood is in perfect condition but the cusions, as I'm sure you can see, were definitely not in the best condition. So I went to Joanne Fabrics and picked out this dark blue cotton fleece type material that is really durable but oh so soft! I've got the ottoman covered and the bottom cushion done except for closing up the back. but you get the idea....
Photobucket


Photobucket
And just to clarify I have not done the backcushion yet at all, the fabric is just draped around it for now. Considering I am sewing it by hand since I don't own a machine, lets just say it takes awhile.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awesome! Looks good! :)


Number of Visitors