Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A vent

I haven't really complained much throug this whole pregnancy. I had horrible morning sickness in the beginning which I never had with J. I dont' think my boss really believed me with how sick I was until he saw me once. I swear I must have looked horrible! Anyways, this vent isn't really to complain about phsyical issues. Although i can certainly tell he's longer and heaver/stronger than even last week. Those kicks are seriously hurting and then he is sitting so low that my pelvis takes a beating from his head.

Anyways, this vent is more about those around me. I'm seriously getting tired of the jokes, snide comments, feelings of entitlement to my belly, etc. I wonder sometimes do these people not realize just how hormonal I can be?? I seriously almost snapped this morning when my sister wanted to feel up my belly. most days it doesn't bother me but this morning....I just didnt' want to be touched and she kinda gave me a hard time about it. Then I get the jokes about how big the belly is....you know "Are you sure it isn't twins?". Ugh, if I hear that one more time..... There are other jokes I've gotten but I won't post them here as most were pretty offensive and just down right rude. I just wish people would think before they speak, especially to an 8 month preggo woman. Seriously!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I feel like I get pissed on a double edged sword (thanks hormones). I'm tall, so my belly doesn't appear as large as the majority of most 8 month pregnant ladies' do, because the baby has plenty of room to stretch out. So... after I tell people how far along I am, I get a lot of "oh, you don't look it at all!!" *pissed*. It's taken me 8 months to grow this belly, dammit! haha. At the same time, if someone tells me I look ginormous, it makes me want to kick them in the face.

Oh, and the whole 'touching of the belly' thing.... yeah, not cool. That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to at the shower. I know everyone's going to have their hands all over me... and I'm sure that'll put me in a horrible mood just starting off, and I don't want to act like a bitch at my own shower, hahaha. Maybe I should request a sign being put on the door, "NO TOUCHING THE BELLY!!" Better yet, I should wear one of those "no touching" maternity shirts. hehehe....


http://images.cafepress.com/product/176292229v5_240x240_Front_Color-White.jpg

-Katie


Number of Visitors