Friday, June 27, 2008

Monkey Munch...Recipe for Later Use

Obviously I can't make this now or my dietician my blow up in flames and smoke from shock at my testing numbers. I wanted to save it cause i fully intend on making some after this baby makes his appearance!!


9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
Put chex in a large bowl and put aside
Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a quart-sized microwavable bowl.
Stir the ingredients together.
Microwave the mixture uncovered for a minute on "high." Stir the mix again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly.
Add the vanilla and stir.
Pour over the cereal while stirring.
Put combination into a 2-gallon, Ziploc freezer bag.
Add powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake until distributed.
Spread mixture out on wax paper to cool and dry.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for storage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...Have you been watching Jon and Kate? - Just wondering, cause they made this the other day on the show.

... Is this the same thing as "garbage"? I was just telling Jon yesterday how much I wanted some, lol. Thanks for the recipe!

-Katie

Sapphire Mommy said...

ya it's from john and kate plus 8. I copied it from another website but it originated from them I guess. And i'm not sure about the "garbage" one. I've never heard of that.


Number of Visitors