Sunday, November 30, 2008

So Excited!!

I haven't blogged in a few days. Things have been pretty busy around here over the Turkey day holiday. I had to work on Wednesday plus grab all those last minute things needed for Thursday. Thankfully Monkey was feeling better from the bug she had on Tuesday. I was seriously worried I'd be dealing with a sick kiddo for the holiday. Must have just been some 24hr thing. Wednesday night I prepped as much as I could for the next day. Made both pies, got the turkey soaking in the brine, prepped the sweet potatos and green bean casserole. Thursday was still busy with all the baking and such but the food turned out really good. Especially the turkey. I have to say I have probably found how I will make our turkey every year.....yum!

Now onto the best part. This year I got to really participate in black friday shopping. In prior years I've been able to pick up a thing or two. Finances really limited what I could do though. This year...I did all my christmas shopping on Friday. So I am officially done. Well, I need to grab a couple stocking stuffers but thats nothing major. I'm so excited about what we got though. Toots of course will be not quite 4 months old on Christmas and totally oblivious to whats going on. I wanted to put something under the tree though in keeping with the whole Santa story. I could totally see Monkey asking why Santa didn't bring toots anything. So I got him this walker toy. He totally won't use it for several months but it was only $10 on Friday. I figure we'll wrap it up and just save it for later. I'm sure he'll put it to use before his birthday anyways.

For Monkey I ended up doing more than I originally intended. First I got her the Leap Frog Leapster. I ordered that sucker online cause there was no way I was battling people in the store for it. At 1/2 off it was a good deal. On top of that I found games for it at $5 each instead of the normal $24.99 so she got three of those. She also got the word launch. I had a $25 gift card for target so that was a freebie. Then we have some DVD's like The bee movie, Surf's Up, Barbie Mariposa, hmmm I think I'm forgetting one. Lastly we have clothes. Walmart had a lot of $4 items so we stocked up on hoodies, jeans, and most of all Pj's. The girl is still wearing her 4t pj's that although fit fine really the pants are like 2inches to short. I almost forgot too...the ballet stuff! I am going this week down to the studio to do the paperwork to sign her up for the classes to start in January. I've already bought her pink leotard, just need to pick up some pink tights and look into the shoes. I'll do that after talking to the instructor though cause I'm clueless on that count. I also need to get the duffle bag to a friend who is going to embroider her name on the side with some little ballet shoes. Now I just have to think of a creative way to tell her about the classes but in a way that she will understand to. Any thoughts??

As for Mr. X...well I can't put any of that here. Such a bummer but I know he knows about the blog and I don't want to spoil his christmas morning by listing it all here. Suffice it to say I think he will like it. I'm just excited for him though. He's told me in years prior he bought his own christmas stuff. Nobody did things for him. I know the feeling so I think this year will be special in more ways than one.

So thats it!! Today, and yes it is today cause it's 4am, I'm goign to get the tree put up and decorate the house. I have a bunch of outside lights and everything and I can't wait to see it all put up. I got a bunch of stuff yesterday to make a wreath for the front door plus new stockings for us all. Some snowflake things to decorate the windows and new stuff for the tree. I still need to get the kiddo's ornaments for this year but there is still time. I think I'd also like to get one for X and I as well. It's not technically our 1st christmas since we had last year, but it's the 1st one we'll be together on.

Ok, I'm done. Going back to bed now to see if I can't get a few more hours in before the kiddo's are awake. Funny though, blogging at 4am!!

No comments:


Number of Visitors